Top Social

Life in Africa | Devotionals | Books

When Jesus say Yes, Nobody can say No

|



What I learnt today...


Yesterday was a little bit of a stressful day for me.

My 4 year-old daughter went for an interview at the primary school (Private English Medium) where we would like her to start schooling next year. She will only go to "reception", standard 0 or kindergarten as we call it in America.

This private school seems to be one of the best in the country in terms of their standards and all-in-all achievements in terms of  academic/ sports performance.

It is actually my first time to see 4 year-old children having to undergo an interview in order to get a chance to be accepted...just crazy, but this is school is so in  high demand that they came with that "policy".

When I left her at 8:00 am I was feeling a bit apprehensive, a bit anxious..I wanted her to do well, I wanted her to remember what she has learnt. I really felt like she was being interviewed for Harvard University ha ha! ;-)

BUT this morning, on our way to her school a song started playing in my car, a song my daughter loves and knows at heart -Michelle Williams - Say Yes ft. Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland , she started singing so loudly and so joyfully that it just touched my heart, as I looked at her through the mirror she was having a big smile on her face...a big smile that "told me " to trust God, to trust God as she does...to declare His goodness and His promises as she does. to believe that "when Jesus say Yes, Nobody can say No". His promises are yes and amen...and I just got to believe it. He's been faithful for all my years, why would he ever stopped being who HE IS? He's grace is sufficient...

What I did Today:

I Finished the 3rd day or first week for Running for weight-loss which consisted in:
-Warm up 05:00
-(Run 01:30 + Walk 02:00)x6
-Run 01:00 + Walk 02:00
-Run 01:00 + Walk 01:00
-Cool Down

What I Read:



so far, what it stuck with me, is:

"Successful women think differently. They make decisions differently. They set goals differently. They bounce back from failure and adversity differently." -Valorie Burton, Successful women think differently, page 8

"Wherever you are on your life’s journey, if you find a way to embrace it and enjoy it, you will already have found some measure of success."

Successful Women vs Unsuccessful Women comparison chart
Which one you wanna be?



What I studied:

I studied the life of Sarah along a friend of mine who came to discuss the lesson (we meet once a week to discuss what we learnt).

Today He reminded me that He accomplishes his purposes despite my frailties, my little faith and entrenched self-reliance, also that HE LONGS TO BE GRACIOUS TO ME.

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for him! - Isaiah 30:18

What I'm grateful for:


God teaching me great lessons through my little girl. This girl taught me the kind of FAITH that pleases God, and what living with true joy really is.

For my parents' lives...though they're very far a away, their lives continue to inspire me. I'm also grateful for God's mercies and protection upon their lives.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...